Apache Offroad Upper Control Arms are designed with reliability and ease of maintenance in mind.
When you lift your vehicle, the suspension geometry is changed; with this change comes the need for caster correction. Replacing your UCAs during the lift installation is recommended for lift height of 2.5″ and above. Compatible with lifts at least 2″ in height.
Apache UCAs are manufactured from Black Powder coated 1.5″ steel tube and feature gusseting for added strength and dependability. Marked with left and right sides for easy installation.
The Apache UCAs feature hardened rubber bushings for a quiet ride and an oem-sized greaseable Moog Problem Solver ball joint. The benefit of the oem-sized joint is that in the event of a failure, you would be able to purchase a replacement at most auto parts stores- allowing you to get back on the trail FAST!
Warranty – 3 Year on Arm / 1 Year on bushings and joints. Finish / powdercoat damage is not covered under the warranty.
- Left & right upper control arm, pair
- Pressed rubber control arm bushings
- Moog Problem Solver ball joints
- Machined aluminum dust cover with dust seal
- 2007-2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser
- 2003-2020 Toyota 4Runner
- 2003-2009 Lexus GX470
- 2010-2020 Lexus GX460
- Torque the UCA / frame bolt while the vehicle is at ride height with full weight on the vehicle. You also want to do this with your lower control arm and lower strut mount bushing in the front. This will greatly prolong the life of the bushing by allowing the uca to rest at the center of its range of motion. This is generally done by placing the wheels back on the vehicle; shaking or rocking the car back and forth and then torquing the bolt.
- Do not forget to grease your ball joints 🙂 They do not come pre-greased.