A Nitro gear change will help get that performance and economy back!
If you've fitted larger tires to your vehicle then you are likely experiencing a loss in performance, fuel economy, and more constant transmission gear “hunting" - This is because the larger tires reduce your engine's RPMs below the optimal power band. Re-gearing the differentials in your vehicle is the only way to get your vehicle back into its optimal operating RPM range, thus improving performance and reducing strain on your vehicle's drivetrain. This is especially important for today's vehicles as they feature tall factory gearing and overdrive transmissions which are less tolerant to increase in tire size or the weight of added accessories.
It's a common misconception that gear changes are reserved only to hardcore off-roaders or trucks with huge tires. However, re-gearing is one of the single most beneficial modifications you can make to keep the performance, economy, and durability of your daily-driven 4x4. This is a mod for anyone with larger tires, increased weight, or for increased performance on stock vehicles for towing or increased acceleration.
Nitro Gear & Axle realize the difficulty for the average consumer or install shop to compile the list of parts and prices required when doing a gear change. To make it easier for everyone the experts at Nitro are introducing an industry first- “Gear Packages" for many popular 4x4 Fits. One part number. One price. One click away.
- Front Toyota 8" Clamshell Differential 4.88 Ring and Pinion
- Front Master Rebuild Kit
- Rear Toyota 8.75" Differential 4.88 Ring and Pinion
- Rear Master Rebuild Kit
- Crush Sleeve Eliminators
- 2016-2020 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 (review notes below for additional fitment information)
- Will NOT fit Dana built rear ends
- Fits 3.91 & up carriers
- This is package is for trucks equipped with an 8.75" rear end (TRD Offroad, TRD Pro, trucks with factory elocker, trucks with manual transmission)
- Includes rear carrier bearings for aftermarket carrier. If reusing factory carrier, Toyota OEM p# 90366-53004 will need to be purchased separately @ 2x
- If you have any questions, please contact us proir to purchase
- Image is representative